Surgical Services Provided at Claiborne
Claiborne Medical Center provides a variety of surgical services, with two full-time general surgeons on staff. In addition, we have specialists who serve in several areas on a part-time basis.
- Three surgical suites similarly equipped with:
- integrated high-definition cameras and monitors for the best view of the surgical site
- LED (green-energy efficient) lighting; and
- built-in towers to house necessary laparoscopic equipment.
- Six private Ambulatory Staging Units (ASU). Patients remain in their room with their family for all pre-op processes and interviews. When ready for surgery, they proceed directly to their procedure from that room.
A general surgeon has expertise in the diagnosis and care of patients with diseases and disorders affecting the abdomen, digestive tract, endocrine system, breast, skin and blood vessels. General surgeons are trained in the care of pediatric and cancer patients and patients who are injured or critically ill. Common problems treated by general surgeons include hernias, breast tumors, gallstones, appendicitis, pancreatitis, bowel obstructions, and colon cancer.
Other surgical specialties offered at Claiborne:
Orthopedic surgeons use both surgical and nonsurgical means to treat musculoskeletal injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors, and congenital disorders.
Urologists diagnose and treat diseases of the urinary tract and urogenital system. Our urologists utilizes our surgical services for correction of some conditions, as well as treatment of kidney stones.