At Claiborne Medical Center, we want to care for our patients’ and staff’s emotional and spiritual needs as well as provide excellent medical services. Our chapel and volunteer chaplain programs do just that, providing total care.
Everyone is welcome to visit the Dr. William N. Smith Chapel anytime; it is open 24 hours a day. It is located on the main floor next to the imaging department, and provides a quiet location for reflection. The chapel is named after Dr. William N. Smith, a beloved local physician. Dr. Smith was one of the founding medical staff members of Claiborne Medical Center when it opened as Claiborne County Hospital in 1959.
Volunteer Chaplain’s Program
To provide support for those who are ill, our volunteer chaplain’s program provides spiritual counseling and guidance for patients, visitors and staff. Someone is on-call at all times and is available upon patient request. If you or a family member would like a chaplain to visit, simply contact the front registration desk or the house supervisor.
Contact Betsy Maples at (423) 526-2192 for more information about our volunteer chaplain program.