Remember, not all breast centers are created equal. The Claiborne Medical Center Women’s Breast Center is FDA-approved and is certified by the American College of Radiology.
Mammography is literally helping save women’s lives.
Although not a treatment for breast cancer, this safe, low-dose X-ray can detect extremely small tumors three to four years before a lump can actually be felt, increasing the chance for a cure to nearly 100 percent.
The Women’s Breast Center is committed to helping women detect and begin treatment for breast cancer in its earliest stages. Serving the community since 2008, Claiborne Medical Center is the only mammography provider in the Tri-State area that offers a complete range of breast health services and the very latest technology. Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in every modality, our Women’s Breast Center is proud to offer registered, experienced, dedicated and compassionate technologists, and boasts a perfect FDA inspection record.
The Women’s Breast Center is a full service, ACR-designated breast center offering:
- Fully-digital Screening and Diagnostic Mammograms
- Cyst aspirations
- Ultrasound-guided core biopsies
- Same-day referral, if needed
- Board-certified clinical breast radiologist
Other Featured Services
- Patients age 35 and over may schedule their own screening mammogram
- All mammograms are conducted by fully qualified female radiological technologists
- We do second opinions and diagnostic workups. Patients must bring film and report the day of their appointment. Call us (423) 526-2345 and will help you obtain these materials.
- The highly skilled and compassionate staff at the Claiborne Women’s Breast Center considers it a privilege to provide your care. We value your opinion and hope that you will contact us if there is anything we can do to make your experience more pleasant.
A mammogram is one of the easiest ways to protect your health. At the Women’s Breast Center, all mammograms are conducted by fully qualified female radiological technologists. We know you’re busy. But it only takes a minute to make your appointment and mark your calendar. Simply call (423) 526-2370 or (423) 526-2215.
If you’re under 35 years of age, see your doctor.
If you’re 35 years or older, you can schedule your own screening mammogram with the Women’s Breast Center. Current American College of Radiology Guidelines recommend screening mammograms every year beginning at age 40 for women at average risk for breast cancer. The National Comprehensive Cancer Network and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists also recommend annual clinical breast exams.
If you or your physician discover a lump or suspect a problem, you or your doctor may call for scheduling of the appropriate test.
On the day of your appointment…
- Wear a two-piece outfit because you’ll be asked to undress from the waist up.
- Avoid wearing powder, cream or deodorants above the waist.
- Bring any previous mammograms, if possible, or ask us to order them for you.
- Bring your driver’s license (or photo ID), insurance identification and policy numbers.
- Expect to spend a minimum of 45 minutes at the center.
Not all lumps are malignant. Additional tests are sometimes necessary. If indicated, we’ll recommend that you see your doctor or give you a referral to one of our specialists. Our physicians and technologists are part of a team of specialists who practice at Claiborne Medical Center. We can even refer you to counselors and support groups who will help answer your questions and put you to ease.
Current American College of Radiology Guidelines recommend screening mammograms every year beginning at age 40 for women at average risk for breast cancer. The National Comprehensive Cancer Network and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists also recommend annual clinical breast exams.