Remember, not all breast centers are created equal. The Claiborne Breast Center is FDA-approved and is certified by the American College of Radiology.
Literally, mammography is helping save women’s lives.
What is a Mammogram?
Although a mammogram is not a treatment for breast cancer, this safe, low-dose X-ray can locate very small tumors three to four years before a lump can actually be felt. Because of this, the earlier the tumor is found, the higher the chance for a positive result.
For this reason, the Claiborne Breast Center is committed to helping women detect breast cancer in its earliest stages. Serving the community since 2008, Claiborne Breast Center is the only mammography provider in the Tri-State area that offers a complete range of breast health services.
Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in both Mammography and Ultrasound, the Claiborne Breast Center offers experienced and caring team members and boasts a perfect FDA inspection record.
The Claiborne Breast Center is a full service breast center offering:
- Digital screening and diagnostic mammograms
- Breast ultrasounds
- Cyst aspirations
- Ultrasound-guided core biopsies
- Same-day referrals if needed
- Board-certified clinical breast radiologist
Other Featured Services
- Patients age 35 and over may schedule their own screening mammogram
- Qualified female technologists conduct all mammograms
- We also provide second opinions and diagnostic workups. Patients must bring previous films and reports to their appointment. For assistance, call us at(423) 526-2215 and we will help you obtain these materials.
- The staff at Claiborne Breast Center considers it a privilege to provide your care. Because of this, we value your opinion and ask you to contact us if there is anything we can do to make your experience more pleasant.
We know you’re busy, but…an annual mammogram is still one of the easiest ways to protect your health. It only takes a minute to make your appointment and mark your calendar. Simply call (423) 526-2215 and our friendly staff can find an appointment that meets your schedule at your convenience.
If you’re under 35 years of age, see your doctor.
If you’re 35 years or older, you can schedule your own screening mammogram with Claiborne Breast Center. Current guidelines recommend screening mammograms every year beginning at age 40 for women at average risk for breast cancer. The National Comprehensive Cancer Network and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists also recommend annual clinical breast exams.
If you or your physician discover a lump or suspect a problem, you or your doctor may call for scheduling of the appropriate test.
To ensure you have a pleasant experience, on the day of your appointment…
- Wear a two-piece outfit that allows you to undress from the waist up
- Avoid wearing powder, cream or deodorants
- Bring any previous mammograms, if possible, or ask us to order them for you
- Bring photo ID and insurance card
Not all lumps are malignant. Additional tests are sometimes necessary. If indicated, we’ll recommend that you see your doctor as well as refer you to one of our specialists. We can also refer you to counselors and support groups who will help answer your questions and put you at ease.